Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall 2013

We are now 2 days into fall and I am loving it! I have a love/hate relationship with fall. I love the cooler temperatures, beautiful colors of leaves on the trees, the blessings of a bountiful harvest from our garden and getting into a routine once again after a busy summer.  However, with fall also comes winter... I'm not a huge fan of winter and have to talk myself in to it! I find myself putting off storing our summer clothes away and bringing out the winter clothes bins.  But, I know it'll come anyway so for now, I'm loving & cherishing the season we're in now! 

Since arriving home from Pennsylvania, my days have been filled with harvesting our garden and trips to the market for boxes of fresh peaches, apples & pumpkins.  Our freezer is quickly becoming full of frozen veggies for the winter: carrots, squash, zucchini and tomatoes.  I've also made and froze apple & peach pies, canned 3 batches of tomato soup, canned 1 big batch of cucumber relish, made freezer pickles, pureed pumpkin for baking and made countless batches of cucumber salsa!  We've also enjoyed fresh Dutch Apple Pie and warm applesauce for dessert... We'll be eating well this winter!

Tys, Katie and Trenton recently had school pictures taken so, I decided to take a few of Miss Kristiana as well... 



No comments: