Tuesday, November 26, 2013

L.I.F.E.

During the month of November I, along with many others, post daily reasons/family/friends/things that we're thankful.  I may not do this everyday (mainly because of being so busy [previous post]) but, it's a good thing for me to do to be purposeful in taking the time to think about what I'm grateful for.. then, thanking God! I have good intentions of always being thankful everyday throughout the year too but, something about November holds me accountable :)
This last year has been full of so many blessings and yet, challenges and tough decisions to make in order to better our family life.  As we come to the end of another year, I'm continually reminded of God's constant grace, love and provision for our family. He has given us what we needed at just the right now and always provided our needs.  And if our "needs" weren't met then, we faced the fact that maybe it wasn't really a "need" after all :) 
Today, a mutual friend of mine is burying her husband.  He was a true hero to our city and a good Christian man.  His passing was so sudden.  I grieve for my friend and her loss.  I am also deeply reminded that life is fragile.  We are here but for a second compared to our time spent in eternity. Live it well.  Live it purposeful.  Live it with gratitude.  It makes me hug my kids a second longer and, love my husband deeper.  
Today, as we begin to celebrate Thanksgiving week, I am thankful for this journey called "life" that God has given me.  I'm thankful for His love towards me as I make this journey and, am thankful for the healthy and breathe that He gives my kids and family each day.

No comments: