Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1st Day of Preschool

After much anticipation, Katie went to her first day of preschool today! She has been looking forward to this day ever since I got her registered last May... in preparation she got her hair trimmed yesterday and picked out her first-day-of-school-outfit. She and her friend, Taylor, are going to our local Lutheran Christian Preschool where Katie said she's excited to learn more about Jesus! Casey and I took her in together for her 1st day. She immediately washed her hands (as instructed) and let the teacher show her where her own cubby and hook was. Then, she sat down at her seat, began playing with Play-Do, gave me a kiss goodbye and basically said, "ok, mom, you can leave now!" sigh... it felt like she was leaving for college :) That will come all too quickly, I'm sure.
Katie wanted to take a picture with her little brothers too. They are going to miss her in the mornings while she's gone. This morning the boys and I filled in the time by baking zucchini chocolate chip muffins... yummy!

1 comment:

Geer Family said...

precious! I'm going to try to post tonight aobut uor first week too. how many days? hrs?