Friday, March 22, 2013

Running

I have been running for over a year now and am still loving it! Yes, it's hard work and takes lots of motivation but, when you like what you do, it doesn't take much to keep going. I have had a life long goal to fun a half marathon.  Last night I registered for my first half marathon event and am planning on running the High Speed Pursuit in Kuna on April 6... just a few weeks away!  I have spent these last couple of months training hard. Waking up at the crack of dawn (sometimes before that even!), to get my runs in before the kids woke up, takes much discipline on my part.  But, today I finally ran my first 13.1 miles and am feeling ready for the upcoming race.  Infact, between now and Sept. I have 4 planned events.. we'll see how that goes :)  I'm so thankful to my husband for his support and my mom for keeping my motivated and sharing in my excitement as I have reached each new step of training. It feels great to be 34 years old and in the best shape of my life... physically, mentally and spiritually! 


No comments: