Thursday, March 15, 2012

We've had a good week so far! Yesterday Katie's class celebrated it's 100th day of school. They did 100 random things throughout the day: 100 words, 100 snacks (each student brought 100 pieces of something small... Katie brought chocolate chips) 100 exercises etc. She thought it was lots of fun but was exhausted by last night. Apparently, those 100 exercises wore her out! lol

Since both of our husbands were working last night, our thoughtful neighbor and friend, Dena, invited myself and the kids over for dinner. She made each child what they wanted - Katie, homemade meatballs and the boys, homemade mac 'n cheese. She also made what I wanted, a very yummy sour cream chocolate cake! Yes, she spoils us! Katie did a piano lesson with her and, we enjoyed our evening visiting.

On Monday I left early in the morning and went grocery shopping in Elko (Casey had to work that afternoon) I took just Kristiana so I could get done faster while Casey took care of the older kids and got them to school. I hadn't been shopping in a while so we were in need of lots of things... I went prepared with a list and the sales etc. And, was happy when I left the store with 2 carts full of groceries, saved $ with coupons and came in $12 UNDER my budget... woo-hoo!! With my money saved I stopped by Starbucks on my way home for a well-earned frapp :)

Kristiana has been sleeping pretty good at night... usually she wakes up just once but the other night she slept the whole night! She went to bed at 8pm and woke up around 5:30am... that makes me a happy mama :) With her sleeping better at night now I am able to get through the day without having a nap and, have been getting in my early morning runs on the treadmill.

Trenton, our fashion expert! ha ha
sisterly love....
Kristiana loves looking at her books!


No comments: