Sunday, May 19, 2013

Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon

Yesterday my mom and I ran the Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon... my second half and her third. The race began at 7 a.m. up at Lucky Peak and ended in downtown Boise at the Ann Morrison Park; to catch the bus that took us up to Lucky Peak we had to leave my parent's house (the kids and I stayed the night at my parents house) by 5 a.m.! SO early! My husband sometimes calls me crazy for being a runner... well, at 4:30 a.m. I was really beginning to believe that I WAS crazy... who in their right mind wakes up at 4:30, on a Saturday, to go run 13.1 miles!!!??? haha What can I say... I'm addicted to crossing that 13.1 finish line! 
It was a wonderful course that began along the Boise river, wound through beautiful houses near Barber park and ended along the greenbelt. The weather was great and we both made better race time than our last races. I finished at 2:12:25 and my mom at 2:18:06! I felt good through the run and only struggled a little at the last mile so, overall, I was happy with that. It was also nice to see many of my "runner friends"... there were approx 1,500 runners for this race and the whole marathon. 

Next begins training for an even better time at See Jane Run's Half in June :)

No comments: