Friday, April 26, 2013

Spring Program

Zion Christian held their patriotic spring program last night. The kids had been memorizing their lines and learning songs since the beginning of the year; they all did amazing! Katie played the role as Andrew Jackson and Tys was a colonist. They each had a little line to say and sang songs like "You're a Grand Old Flag", "Yankee Doodle", "Star Spangled Banner" and more. I found it wonderful that our kid's spring program was very patriotic and Christ centered... quite the opposite from secular schools that are removing these from their schools all together. 

Yesterday morning my mom and I were able to get in our weekly long run outside, along the greenbelt. My dad watched Trenton for me and I pushed Kristiana along in the jogger. She did really well and only said "I done" towards the end.  We logged 12 miles and, it was such a beautiful day to be outside!

No comments: