Wednesday, July 11, 2012

June 16th - my mom and I ran our first run/race, See Jane Run, in Boise.  I began running last November and have worked up to running 7 miles on my long days... 3-4 miles on my short days.  Running my first race with my mom was fun and memorable!  
 The original plan was to have my dad and the kids come down to the race with us and hang out while we ran.  However, that morning Katie woke up with a fever so dad ended up staying home with the older kids.  We quickly got the jogger ready and brought Kristiana with us.  I ended up running it with her... my first time for actually running with the jogger!  Having the jogger put me at the back of the pack at the starting line so, when I came in 91st out of 202 I wasn't too disappointed.


 I ran the 5k in 31:36 and my mom was 32:??  I'm proud of her for coming in 5th in her division!

We run for champagne and chocolate!

No comments: