Saturday, March 15, 2014

Training

My first 2014 race is coming up in just 4 weeks and mom & I are in full swing with training! With the nicer weather, we're getting in quite a bit more runs outside now.  Even though we don't run every day together, we do try to do some of the training together.   I've been getting in 4-5 days of running a week and at least some sort of strength training about 6 days a week.  Casey & I got memberships to a Fitness 19 gym and try to go there for some of our strength training about 1-2 times a week. Other than that, I just do it at home where I can work it in around our daily schedule.
In preparation for our upcoming Race to Robie Creek, we're training for the challenging course of 9 miles uphill and 4 miles down.  The uphill goes from 2-10% incline! So, lately all of my short runs include running uphill on the treadmill or, finding hills outside to train up and downhill.  It's been a challenge but, something I've also enjoyed training my body to do!  Mom & I are also currently training for an upcoming full marathon in July so, lately my early a.m. Saturday long-runs are 15-16 miles.
 One evening I spent running up and down our friend's (Rudi & Anne DW) driveway. It's only .4 miles but pretty steep :)
Last Sunday afternoon my mom and I conquered the local famous Table Rock! We ran it both up and down... it was definitely tough but, a great experience and awesome view of the city/valley from the top!!

No comments: